Presented by SoCal Chevy Dealers
LA-based Chef and restaurateur Crista Aladjadjian-Rubio takes us on a ride to find new flavors, sharing her heritage as well as easy recipes for hosting friends and family while cheering on their favorite soccer teams.
WATERMELON JALAPEÑO SALSA
- 1 Watermelon, center diced, and reserve watermelon bowl
- ½ cup Cucumbers, diced
- ½ cup Bell Peppers, diced
- ½ cup Jicama diced
- ½ cup Red Onion, diced
- ½ cup Lime Juice, fresh
- 1 tbsp. Jalapeño or Serrano, seeded, diced
- 1/3 cup Epazote, chopped (substitute with Cilantro and Basil if Epazote cannot be found)
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Start by ensuring the watermelon is completely drained. Combine in a large mixing bowl with cucumbers, peppers, jicama, and onion. Gently fold, mixing ingredients together.
- Add epazote and continue folding.
- Last, add the lime juice and salt little by little, tasting after each addition. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes. Serve cold with blue corn tortilla chips & enjoy!
LATIN CHARCUTERIE PLATTER
- Sliced Chorizo
- Spanish Jamón Serrano
- Mini Bell Peppers
- Tortilla Chips
- Queso fresco
- Queso Cotija
- Queso Asadero
- Queso Manchego
- Dried Mango slices
- Green Grapes
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Arrange ingredients on large platter or tray however you want! Be creative and have fun!
- 2 cups Strawberries, quartered
- 3/4 cup fresh Lime juice
- 5 cups Water
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 6 sprigs Mint, plus 2 sprigs for garnish
- 1 large Cucumber, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Add strawberries and lime juice to a blender. Blend on low until smooth.
- In a large pitcher or punch bowl, combine the water, sugar, and blended strawberries.
- Stir well, adding mint sprigs at the very end. Invite guests to enjoy over ice with sliced cucumbers and fresh mint as garnish.
- 4 Bollilos, or oval-shaped bread
- 2 cups Refried beans, cooked
- 1 cup White Cheese, shredded
- 3 Avocado, sliced
- 10 Bacon slices, cooked
- 1 package Chorizo, cooked
- 1 cup Pico de gallo
- 1 cup Salsa roja
- 1 cup Salsa verde
- ½ cup, Crema
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 380°F. Cut bread loafs in half if needed.
- Spread a layer of beans across the inside of the bread in an even layer. Place on a baking sheet, with the beans facing up.
- Top each piece of bread and beans with a generous amount of cheese and place in oven on the middle rack.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is fully melted. Remove from the oven just as the cheese starts to brown.
- Immediately transfer to a serving platter. Invite guests to top with pico de gallo, bacon, sliced avocado, salsa and whatever else they may desire!